Guatemala City Mission
- August 3-10, 2019
- $1700 includes all expenses
- Bay Life member or permission from pastoral staff
- Valid passport
- Enroll in the Share Jesus Without Fear class at baylife.org – the class begins Sunday, March 10 at 12:15.
- Between 16-99 years old, able to do moderate walking.
- We will be working with Good News in Action and the local church plant, IBVN (New Life Baptist Church). BayLife is a partner with IBVN.
- Each team member will be assigned an interpreter, usually a college student from El Salvador who has experience in evangelism. The interpreters are very well prepared and extremely helpful!
- Encounter locals in a different section of the city each day.
- Invite residents to a free Family Festival in their neighborhood, have conversations that lead to sharing the gospel, using your personal testimony and God’s word. Allow the Holy Spirit to work!
- Follow up with those ready to receive Christ by collecting their contact information and explaining discipleship.
- Learn more about Good News in Action at: http://www.goodnewsinaction.org/
What To Expect
- To be well prepared through the Share Jesus Without Fear class, and 4 team meetings.
- Culture: Guatemalans are very respectful, open and receptive. Almost everyone will want to speak with you.
- Weather: Guatemala City is in the mountains. It is called the Land of the Eternal Spring – 80 daytime, 60 nighttime.
- Accommodations: Hotel Las Americas, very comfortable.
- Transportation in GC: van-rides and walking!
- To experience how God uses us when we focus completely on Him.